Compliance & Accountability
We understand the importance of protecting consumer information and our team has earned certifications to validate our compliance with some of the toughest data security standards.
What Certifications Does VeriFacts Hold?
VeriFacts works diligently to earn and maintain data security certifications. We are audited by third parties to ensure our compliance with each standard and we hold certification for the following:
- Techlock Certified
- Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 (FISMA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) Safeguards Rule
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO 27002)
- Massachusetts 201 CMR 17.00
- Minnesota Plastic Card Security Act (MN PCA)
- Nevada NRS 603a
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS 3.0)
Policies & Procedures
Our team has developed detailed policies and procedures for providing our location and employment verification services and protecting our client data. We regularly review our policies and procedures with our team to keep them refreshed and to ensure compliance with industry standards.
We understand that compliance is a process and requires constant observation to proactively address the ever changing regulatory environment. Our team regularly keeps our finger on the pulse of compliance byparticipating in webinars and conference educational sessions, monitoring related news sources, and listening to what the regulators have to say.
VeriFacts takes a conservative approach to regulatory compliance. Our compliance program addresses our requirements as applicable to federal and state regulations including:
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)